C's / TRD "Hybrid" Short Stroke Shifter - Spyder (zzw30)
After the success of our C’s Shifter reproduction, we are now taking the next step and producing another version for ZZW30 MR-S spyders. Also fits 6th and 7th Gen Celicas.
Introducing our TRD / C's Hyrbid Short Stroke Shifter
1. The first C's shifter group buy was a success. Everyone loved the difference it made to the shifting experience, however some did not like how the lever sits more to the right.
2. We have decided to adapt the double goose neck of the TRD shifter to the C's shifter while retaining the bottom fulcrum point of the C's shifter. (This way we can keep the shorter stroke). Unfortunately, the TRD shifter lacks the appropriate fulcrum length to achieve a shorter stroke.
3. We also lowered the shift knob placement to mimic the TRD height.
4. ONE piece construction. No screws or bolts holding the center ball to the shaft = No failure points!
So basically this will be a TRD short shifter replica, with a C's shorter stroke shifter feel.
C’s Japan shifters has been long gone, discontinued and out of business. We took their original design and re-produced the shifter using modern technology and equipment
The discontinued C’s shifter was the best shifter money could buy for the MR2 back in the days. It surpassed even the TRD. Now, it is once again available!
C's was Japan's leader in short shifter design and technology. The exceptional detail and emphasis placed on product quality and performance has earned C's a reputation that is unmatched by any other shifters on the market. C's shifters are used by everyone from professional drivers to enthusiasts.
By altering the geometry of a the OEM shifter, we have re-created the superior shifter design. With a shortened shift stroke, shifts are made quicker and more accurately, resulting in increased performance. These short shifters are designed with the right combination of angle, length, and bends to give your shifts a shorter stroke and the precision needed. Adding this short stroke shifter to your vehicle will not only result in increased performance, it will give your vehicle a more solid and precise feel
- Full Stainless Steel
- One Piece construction
- Designed for the ZZW30 (all years)
- 40% reduction in stroke and throw (shortest throw available in the market
What You Get:
- Shifter Lever
- New Bolts and Hardware
- Solid Bushings (4x)
- Pre-installed Pivot Cup Bushings (2x)
- New snap on push nuts
- Shift Boot Collar
- Mr2 spyder (all years)
NOTE: Since the shifter alters the stroke and throw to be a lot shorter, the cables will now hit the factory shifter cage. As a result, a slight trimming of the cage is needed for the shifter cable to clear the cage and move freely between shifts. (instructions provided)
Add one of our popular weighted leather shift knob (5 or 6 speed) and save $$$ as a bundle discount
Further elevate your shifting feel by installing one of our weighted OEM style shift knob to the lever. Designed to meet the optimal weight required to assist in your ultimate shifting experience. You will experience smoother and faster shifts!
Got and old torn up shift boot? We got you covered. Replace them with our brand new leather shift boots. Just add as a bundle!
For Installation Instructions: Click Here
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is the throw length the same as V1?
Throw length is the same. But the overall height is shorter compared to V1
This would work with a 6th gen Celica as well right?
In theory, yes! The Celica 6th and 7th Gen shares a similar shifter cage with the MR2 Spyders.
I have a 2014 Scion xB, could I use this? And or do you have a short throw kit that would work with my Scion. It's basically a Corolla on wheels.
The Corolla uses the same style shifter cage as the mr2s. So in theory, yes these will fit the XBs. You just might need to change the included hardware as those are specked out for the spyders.